Saturday, March 25, 2006

Off To New York

Poor old Leeryors as crook as a dog today, some sort of fluey virusey thing. So fuck him I’m not his mother so I went out all day and left him to his own devices.

I walked around The Strip and videoed all the glitz. I don’t think that I need to come back to Vegas. It’s like a big turd covered in chocolate. It looks good buts it’s still full of shit.

We are leaving at 1AM to drive back to LA because our plane to New York leaves at 9:30AM and we have to be there 2 hours prior. I check on Leeroy and he’s lying on the bed moaning so I tiptoe out and leave him be.

I go back down and decide to have a play at poker. $100 later I decide that it was probably not a good idea, only $20 chips left so blackjack is the thing. The guy next to me is playing $200 a hand and I feel very inadequate with my $10 bets. We both last about the same time , I had a few wins and then lost my $20 bucks while he lost over a thousand. I feel a bit better.

It’s about 11PM now so I go back to the room intending to sleep off the 6 scotches I’ve had. Leeroy is feeling better and we watch a movie in the room. 1AM time to leave.

It’a a long and uneventful trip, about 400 miles or 5 hours. We finally get to LA after a few “wrong turns” find the rentacar place and catch a cab to the airport.
I’m feeling fucked at this stage and I’m looking forward to the 5 hour flight to New York. I’m starting to feel unwell.

We get to New York about 9PM and wander the streets for about an hour. What a fucken great city this is. We have dinner at a NY diner and I get green veges. Does life get any better than this?

Back to the hotel room and I start feeling very strange, high fever, hacking cough and slight hallucinations. 36 hours later I get out of bed after being the sickest that I can remember ever being.
We decide to go on one of those double decker, open top tourist busses and sightsee. I’m feeling a little wonky and Leeroy is acting strange. Half way around the route Leeroy leans over and whispers” It’s very hard to video the sights while clutchin’ ya arse cheeks together so I don’t marinate the poor barstard behind me” Poor Leery. We make a mad dash of the bus and grab a Taxi back to the hotel. On the way back in the cab I can’t stay awake. I bought this cough mixture and had been sipping it all morning and the fucken stuff is nght time shit and it’s actually knocked me out. Fucken powerful stuff they have over here.

Back at the hotel, Leeroy makes a dash for the crapper and I fall into bed and sleep for 2 hours. AAHHH New York.

We leave for Austin Texas tomorrow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home