Wednesday, November 23, 2005

How To Commit Blogger Suicide

Since my last post had such an astonishing response [2 whole comments] I have realised that I have a fan base. This started my troubled mind on this destructive path. I have decided to write a critique on other peoples blogs. Now I know I am opening my self right up to immense criticism from these bloggers because if you read back on some of my previous stuff then you will realise that my efforts in the blogosphere are ,let's face it just a piece of shit. But you all know the old saying. "If you can't do it yourself, become a critic" So what the fuck here goes nothing.

I think it's only fair that I start with the blogs that I have recommended to my reader in the links part of my blog.
The first one is The Spin Starts Here
I first started reading TSSH on the recommendation from my good mate LSF who you may remember from a previous post
I was immediately hooked on it's no holds barred approach to kicking everything pretentious. The way they hacked about with Australian Idol, Last Man Standing and general news stories really sat well with my own view of this crap. It was written by a husband and wife team known as Caz and The Hack, both journalists. Caz in radio and The Hack works for News Ltd. It was fiery, no prisoners taken gutsy criticism of all sorts of current culture.
I really enjoyed that lambasting of the television show Last Man Standing which really was a very disastrous piece of television writing. It was written by a fellow blogger known as Ms Fitz.
The beginning of the end of TSSH, for me, was when The Hack had a "guilt trip" about the criticism of Ms Fitz and apologised and removed all traces of that criticism from TSSH. I have no idea what his reasons were but I surmise that his real identity was well known in the industry and maybe he was threatened with legal repercussions. I'm just guessing here.
The second and totally understandable problem happened when Caz gave birth to "Sharpelle". Motherhood of course came first, way ahead of blogs, for Caz and suddenly we had different people writing articles. Kingotis with his boring crap about nothing, Skeletor with his slightly funny stuff about life in the Public Service and then we had some wanker called Samuel with his wedding pics of John Blackman!!!! Sad , sad stuff. Caz still writes her usual incisive, cutting stuff. Her bit about Australian Idol final with Atari and Desci was blooy cutting edge stuff but sadly The Hack seems to be taking a back seat nowadays.
I seldom visit this site now.
I will continue when I have bought another bottle of scotch.

1 Comments:

At 10:51 am, Blogger Christiane said...

Oh, you gotta love the direct mail marketing via someone's comment box. Way to go Lucy. Class act, that.

Note to self: Check to see if you have penny stocks. Sell.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home